AVP, Investment Services, Deal Execution Manager (Req ID: 13484)Posted: July 22nd 2022
AVP, Investment Services, Deal Execution Manager
GIC is one of the world’s largest investors, with investing activities spanning all regions, sectors across the public and private asset classes. Private sector investments include participation in funds and co-investments, non-sponsored stakes directly in large companies, infrastructure assets and private credit investments.
Deal Closer Characteristics:
The role of a Deal Closer in GIC is to work in-step with the investment teams to project manage the smooth and timely closings of investments within the GIC private markets.
The number of strategies covered by the Deal Closers, as well as the significant deal flow, requires extreme attention to detail, elite organizational skills and clear and concise communication with various stakeholders.
A general understanding of private sector investments along with creative thinking and proper time-management is vital in terms of effectively dealing with the complex nature of the deals and short timelines.
Deal Closer responsibilities:
- Liaison with deal teams on timing of new investment approvals and closing requirements to operationalize
- Go-to resource for all process queries or application of processes /policies
- Be the main middle office point of contact for external counterparties such as counsels, custodians, and KYC / AML agents to receive and process equity transaction documents and funding on a timely basis.
- Ensure accurate and timely funding information to external partners to facilitate closing
- Collaboration with internal teams to ensure timely exchange of KYC documentation and funding for new investments, evidence of deal closings and resolution of any queries.
- Upload complete records of closing documentation to the document management system.
- Opportunistic ad-hoc tasks as assigned by the Deal Closer Team
- General familiarity of the investment sector and general knowledge of private sector investing
- Good understanding of the documentation of private investment transactions, company secretarial practices and the nuances of PE transactions
- Appreciation of the commercial, governance, legality of deal documents and regulatory environment for private sector transactions
- Excellent communication and organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks and deals at any given time
- 4 - 6 years’ in a similar environment of handling investment documentation/ structuring /execution and operations
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion is an expression of our corporate values of Prudence, Respect, Integrity, Merit & Excellence (PRIME). The way we work is founded deeply on respect for one another and a clear sense of purpose. By making inclusion explicit, we want our global organization and our international community to know that we can bring diversity of talent and thoughts – our whole selves – to GIC, as we all strive to invest well for Singapore. We believe an inclusive environment yields exceptional contribution. When diverse teams feel included, we build shared belonging: to one another and to GIC.
All applicants who qualify for the role will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, socio economic background or disabilities. GIC (Europe) is proud to be a Disability Confident Committed Employer. Please email [email protected] at any point of the application or interview process if adjustments need to be made due to a disability.
Our PRIME Values
GIC is a values driven organization. GIC’s PRIME Values act as our compass, enabling us to fulfil our fundamental purpose and objectives. It is the foundational bedrock which governs our behaviors, our decision making, and our focus. It informs both our long-term strategy as a firm, and the way we relate to our Client, business partners and employees. PRIME stands for Prudence, Respect, Integrity, Merit and Excellence.