AVP, Legal Counsel (Req ID: 12761)Posted: July 22nd 2022
The Legal and Compliance Department
The Legal and Compliance Department (LCD) manages the legal and regulatory compliance risks, and partners with the business to ensure that legal and regulatory issues and risks are identified, assessed and dealt with in a timely and efficient manner.
We are looking for a highly motivated, high calibre corporate/ M&A lawyer to join our Legal Division in London as an AVP/ VP, to partner investment professionals in the GIC Real Estate group in their investment activities.
- Identify key legal and reputational risks in transactions arising from investment activities, recommend and implement solutions.
- Liaise and consult with top international and local law firms on a variety of legal matters to support investment activities, with a view to delivering superior services on a cost-effective basis.
- Value add when managing the transaction process of investments and reviewing the associated contracts.
- Contribute and promote teamwork and collaboration among the LCD team.
- Participate in or contribute to GIC-wide initiatives and projects as needed on a global basis.
- You should have a law degree with strong academic results from a good university, with at least 4 years' post qualification experience as a corporate/M&A lawyer (whether in private practice or in-house) with pan-European M&A.
- You possess an analytical mind, are intellectually curious, with a good knowledge of commercial law, and are able to identify legal risks and propose solutions in the context of the business’ interest.
- You have good negotiating skills, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, to effectively represent GIC in dealings with our counterparties and LCD with internal parties.
- You are adaptable to changes and are resourceful, can multitask within tight timelines, able to work independently and in a team, with drive and a strong desire to succeed.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion is an expression of our corporate values of Prudence, Respect, Integrity, Merit & Excellence (PRIME). The way we work is founded deeply on respect for one another and a clear sense of purpose. By making inclusion explicit, we want our global organization and our international community to know that we can bring diversity of talent and thoughts – our whole selves – to GIC, as we all strive to invest well for Singapore. We believe an inclusive environment yields exceptional contribution. When diverse teams feel included, we build shared belonging: to one another and to GIC.
All applicants who qualify for the role will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, socio economic background or disabilities. GIC (Europe) is proud to be a Disability Confident Committed Employer. Please email [email protected] at any point of the application or interview process if adjustments need to be made due to a disability.
Our PRIME Values
GIC is a values driven organization. GIC’s PRIME Values act as our compass, enabling us to fulfil our fundamental purpose and objectives. It is the foundational bedrock which governs our behaviors, our decision making, and our focus. It informs both our long-term strategy as a firm, and the way we relate to our Client, business partners and employees. PRIME stands for Prudence, Respect, Integrity, Merit and Excellence.