Business Development ManagerPosted: May 6th 2022
Due to the continued success of our Private Clients business we are looking to hire a specialist Business Development Manager to continue this growth based in London.
This role provides business development support to the Private Client proposition throughout the UK. The primary focus is to support Head of Private Clients in commercially growing the offering, with three key deliverables;
1. Achieve stretching new client acquisition targets within BM
2. Achieve uplift in migration from non-advised clients to advised
3. Improve knowledge, understanding and profile of BM services
The role will work with the Head of Private Clients, marketing colleagues and individual colleagues and their respective teams internally, as well as several professional partners externally:
- Implement the agreed BD elements of our Private Client strategic growth plans and budgets
- Build close working relationships, particularly with partners, to develop and implement BD strategy and objectives
- Focus on supporting the growth of the firm’s profile and brand in this key marketplace
- Lead BD meetings and review internally and externally through stakeholder management
- Identify opportunities for profitable growth – both autonomously and in collaboration with others across the firm, including Head of Private Clients
- Identify, document and work with Marketing, Proposition and The Business to share and focus on the characteristics of an 'ideal' client within our three client personas
- Analyse data to establish trends and options for further development
- Identify key referrer organisations and individuals willing and able to introduce clients that meet our selection criteria
- Develop/maintain a suit of high quality credential and promotional collateral
- Monitor key developments in the relevant sector group
- Build relationships with key organisations and professional connections
- Assist with the preparation of the BD budget, create relevant MI to ensure it is monitored, measured and reviewed appropriately on a regular basis
- Work alongside PR, Comms and Events specialists to target key markets and increase profile
- Liaise with Head of Private Client and respective Team Business heads to help identify and deliver appropriate BD training to managers to support revenue and asset growth
- Take responsibility for self-development and training
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience working in a target driven sales environment
- Able to work under pressure to meet specific targets and deadlines.
- Possesses a team ethic and prepared to assist others.
- Confident and articulate in dealing with a wide range of prospects, clients and fellow professionals.
- Knowledgeable of UK Private Client Investment management and financial planning landscape
- Able to commit to personal development to grow internally within BM to their full potential
About Brooks Macdonald
We’re a dynamic, ambitious wealth management firm, employing around 450 people across the UK and Channel Islands. We offer fulfilling careers in an inclusive culture that values diversity, ambition and rewards high performance.
Our values (we call them our guiding principles) underpin our culture and are at the heart of everything we do:
- we do the right thing
- we are connected
- we care
- we make a difference
We welcome talented people from all backgrounds who live and breathe our guiding principles and are focused on making a difference for our clients. We value different ways of working and actively promote flexible working across our business. As a principle, our people are able to spend up to 50% of their time working remotely.
We’re committed to promoting equal employment opportunities and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified candidates regardless of race, religion or belief, sexuality, age, disability, gender, gender identity, marital status or pregnancy and maternity.