Client Relationship ManagerPosted: June 1st 2022
About the job
At M&G our vision is: to become the best loved and most successful savings and investment business and we’re looking for people who are excited about joining us on our journey. We’re digitally transforming and investing heavily in technology and innovation to develop new and improved customer propositions that really raise the bar for our customers. To help us achieve our vision we’re looking for exceptional people who live our values and behaviours and who can inspire others; embrace change; deliver results and keep it simple.
We know that an inclusive environment makes us more accessible and ensures we attract, engage, promote and retain exceptional people. We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity/nationality, disability, or military service and welcome those who have taken career breaks. We will consider flexible working arrangements or home working arrangements for any of our roles and also offer work place accommodations to ensure you have what you need to effectively deliver in your role.
What You Can Expect From Us
We are committed to creating an environment where you can be exceptional at all you do. To help us deliver this, we promise to:
- Challenge Your Limits by creating a stimulating working environment and providing opportunities for you to be involved in meaningful and challenging work
- Support Your Aspirations with a commitment to learning and development that helps you achieve and build your experience with people who want you to succeed
- Value Your Input whereby leaders and managers will involve you in key decisions, listen to your thoughts and recognise the important contribution you make
- Balance Your Life through a work life partnership that focuses on making this an inclusive, diverse and friendly place to work and offers the flexibility and support that enables everyone to be at their best
How Do We Support Our Employees
All M&G plc employees will be supported in the workplace through our M&G Employee Assistance Programme (EAP). If you need counselling, confidential financial or legal advice. The service is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and offers access to qualified professionals who can provide specialist information, advice and support on many issues. It offers a broad range of services, including help with family issues, maintaining work/life balance and mental health support.
We are looking a Client Relationship Manager (CRM) to join our UK Wholesale Sales team to provide predominantly office-based technical support to clients, retain existing business and generate future sales. This partnerships role focuses on platform relationships with networks, global partners and a broad range of clients that the CRM will support the Directors with. The role therefore requires someone with strong skills in relationship development, communication and influencing and experience in other client facing roles.
The CRM will report into the Investment Sales and Support Director and work with a team of Sales Directors, other CRMs and Sales Support professionals. This is a great opportunity for someone with sales experience in Asset Management looking to develop sales skills in a client facing role.
Key Responsibilities For This Role
- First point of office-based contact for technical and operational queries from clients, responding by email or phone accordingly
- Continuous communication with sales directors to understand and ensure the clients’ needs are met
- Manage regular schedules of updates to clients on the core funds, from bespoke pieces through to standardising monthly updates
- Occasional hosting of client meetings in (virtual / face-to-face)
- Manage follow ups to events that we host or present at with a view to gaining feedback or potential business leads for the team to convert
- Production of MI for the team and wider business to use on account holdings and trade analysis
- Production of invitations to clients and assistance with curation and delivery of client events
- Ad hoc support for Partnership Sales Directors responding to short notice requests for fund information, commentary and client information
- Working closely with Marketing to help shape UK Wholesale campaign materials
- Manage own panel of clients, as agreed with Sales Directors in line with agreed business plan.
- Attend conferences and proactively communicate and meet with existing and prospective clients
- To work collaboratively with colleagues and take personal accountability to maintain and enhance controls you are responsible for to support improvement of the overall control environment, customers outcomes and a reduction in M&G’s operational risk.
Key Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Asset Management experience (at least 3 years) and strong investment knowledge
- Ideally completed an industry qualification e.g., IMC (Investment Management Certificate).
- The ability to understand and articulate complex investment messages in a digestible form so strong presentation skills are important and experience of presenting to larger audiences will be advantageous.
- Experience of sales and servicing of clients within the Asset Management industry would be advantageous.
- In addition to proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel, it is important for you to be flexible on your broader skills for example, administration, operations, client facing and telephone skills.
- M&G is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple – to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.
- We welcome applications from individuals who have taken an extended career break, and we are willing to consider flexible working arrangements for all of our roles
Key Work Level Accountabilities: Experienced Colleague:
- Accountable for providing a quality service or product to customers and stakeholders, using skills/experience built through significant practical experience or training
- Works within established frameworks and procedures, with the freedom to interpret them to solve a range of problems
- Delivers outputs that are clearly defined, using discretion over how to achieve them
- Makes suggestions for improvements to the work of the team, based on previous experience and knowledge of similar situations
Work Level: Experienced Colleague
Recruiter Name: Suzie Threlfall
We live by four behaviours at M&G and we ask all our employees to:
- Inspire Others - Support and encourage each other, creating an environment where everyone can contribute and succeed
- Embrace Change - Be open to change, willing to be challenged and able to adapt quickly and imaginatively to new ideas
- Deliver Results - Focus on outcomes, set high standards and deliver with energy and determination
- Keep it Simple - Cut through complexity and bureaucracy, be clear and decisive and never overcomplicate things