Investment DirectorPosted: May 6th 2022
We are currently hiring for an Investment Director to join our Team based in Edinburgh.
The main responsibility of this role is to successfully originate new business and manage and serve existing business relationships. The role incumbent will be an exceptional business originator and client focused individual.
Your responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- To build relationships within the IFA’s, professional connections and clients community
- To establish regular contact with clients and PAs; whilst arranging and presenting the client portfolio on at least an annual basis
- Ensure that appropriate due diligence has been undertaken on proposals and management of portfolios to reflect the clients investment profile
- To gather market intelligence and client insights and work closely with the appropriate product specialists to design new product to benefit client portfolios
- Construct, implement and monitor specific client mandates, and where relevant other standard portfolios, ensuring that the investment falls in line with company policy, BITA risk tolerance, asset allocation recommendation and tolerances
- Where required, play an active role in the sector research process supporting the specific research team so that all reports are timely and kept up to date on an ongoing basis
- To monitor the performance of your clients and professional introducers regarding new business, investment performance, risk controls
- To contribute to an effective and positive risk management culture at the firm, taking responsibility for identifying, escalating and mitigating risks
- Ensure portfolios are consistent for clients and follow the specified investment profile
- To ensure the information is accurate for the account take on process
- Maintain appropriate level of ongoing CPD and minimum standards met within business area requirements
Skills and knowledge required to undertake the role:
- Proven experience in investments
- Evidence of Process & Procedures implementation
- Demonstrates leadership traits
- Adherence to Brooks Macdonald Code of Conduct
- A thorough understanding of likely investment propositions for private clients
- A good understanding of investment strategy and asset allocation
- A sound understanding of the regulatory requirements around investments
- Required Level 6 regulatory professional standards
- In depth knowledge in all aspects of portfolio construction including risk and attribution management
- In depth broad investment product knowledge
About Brooks Macdonald
We’re a dynamic, ambitious wealth management firm, employing around 450 people across the UK and Channel Islands. We offer fulfilling careers in an inclusive culture that values diversity, ambition and rewards high performance.
Our values (we call them our guiding principles) underpin our culture and are at the heart of everything we do:
- we do the right thing
- we are connected
- we care
- we make a difference
We welcome talented people from all backgrounds who live and breathe our guiding principles and are focused on making a difference for our clients. We value different ways of working and actively promote flexible working across our business. As a principle, our people are able to spend up to 50% of their time working remotely.
We’re committed to promoting equal employment opportunities and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified candidates regardless of race, religion or belief, sexuality, age, disability, gender, gender identity, marital status or pregnancy and maternity.