Investment Management TraineePosted: June 1st 2022
£25,000, plus benefits (incl. non-contributory pension, medical insurance & study leave for company approved qualifications)
This is an outstanding opportunity to join Jupiter’s renowned Investment Management department as part of a rotation scheme which will enable you to get a rounded view of how Fund Management works. You will be assigned a Manager from the CIO Office and complete four three-month rotations across the department.
Applications for this role close on Friday 8th July.
The rotations will be structured as follows:
- CIO Office – work alongside our Performance Analytics team, preparing fund performance reports for review meetings and completing ad hoc CIO Office projects.
- Equities – preparing impact reporting for our Global Sustainable Equities and Environmental Solutions funds, providing support to the UK Equities team on client initiatives.
- Fixed Income – providing support to the Investment Director on sales related initiatives and analytical support to the Emerging Market Debt team.
- Stewardship team – providing support to the team on Jupiter’s engagement with investee companies.
The Ideal Candidate
Jupiter’s Investment20/20 Programme is aimed at school/college leavers and graduates looking to start their careers.
We are looking for individuals with the following skills and attributes for the Investment Management rotation programme:
- A keen interest in investing and the financial markets.
- Highly numerate with attention to detail.
- Analytical ability – comfortable with analysing data.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Organisational skills – capable of working to deadlines and multi-tasking.
- Teamwork - able to work collaboratively in a collegiate environment.
- IT skills e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, proficient with technology.
- Enthusiasm to improve and learn.
We always look for the best candidate for each of our opportunities and have no requirements in terms of educational institute attended, subjects studied, previous experience, or grades achieved. We do, however, want people to demonstrate, in their application form, how they have excelled or expanded their knowledge in a particular area and developed the required attributes for these opportunities.
This is an exciting opportunity to join Jupiter's Investment Management team as part of the Investment20/20 programme. Investment20/20 is an industry wide initiative designed to create more entry level opportunities into the industry and to provide you with the skills and experiences to help you start your career.
During the Investment20/20 programme you will receive:
- A 12 month fixed term contract with the potential to convert into a permanent role
- A dedicated line manager focused on supporting your development
- A buddy from a previous intake
- On-the-job training
- Structured soft skills and technical training
- Invitations to Investment 20/20 industry and social events
- Invitations to Jupiter’s Sports, Social and Arts events
- A salary of £25,000, plus benefits (incl. non-contributory pension, medical insurance and study leave for company approved qualifications)
You will have the opportunity, through the Investment20/20 Ambassador Programme, to return to your school, college or university to raise awareness of Jupiter and the Programme. In addition, we provide our employees with a comprehensive employee benefits package that includes physical health and financial wellbeing initiatives and family friendly policies, as well as Company support to make a difference to the charities that are important to you. We also offer a structured learning and development programme and sponsorship towards relevant qualifications. Our employee resource groups (including Ethnicity, Faith, Pride and Women in Technology), Art and Charity Committees also provide further support to our employees.
About the Company
Jupiter is one of the UK’s leading investment management companies with just over 500 employees and £55.3 billion worth of assets under management (as at 31st March 2022).
Jupiter provides investment services to individual and institutional investors through mutual funds (UK unit trusts, Luxembourg SICAVs and Dublin OEICs), separately managed accounts and sub-advised funds. Jupiter has experienced a period of international growth with offices open in EMEA, APAC and the US.
The majority of our employees are based in our London office located just minutes from Victoria station which provides stair-free access from both the Underground’s Victoria line and National Rail platforms, as well as limited road crossings to the Jupiter office. Our London office was designed to encourage employees to live active, healthy lives with floor-to-ceiling windows that allow for greater natural light and the benefit of a private balcony, table tennis room, cycle storage and on-site shower and locker facilities. The short distance to Green Park and St James' Park also provides employees with a natural space to relax during their lunch break and a healthy alternative to office-based meetings.
We offer our UK employees a 2-1-2 hybrid working arrangement where Tuesdays, Thursdays and a third day of your choice are worked from the office. The other two days may be worked from home. This facilitates collaboration and allows employees to maximise productivity whilst maintaining a healthy work/life balance.