Office ManagerPosted: May 6th 2022
We are currently looking to hire a Receptionist / Office Manager for our Edinburgh office.
The purpose of this role is:
The Receptionist/Office manager role is the first person our clients meet or talk to when arriving at or contacting our office. They will be the person that welcomes our clients and visitors and creating the right environment is key to the client experience.
The main duties of the role:
Oversee all aspects of the client experience (internal and external) building great relationships with relevant suppliers, ensuring their reporting, accounting and delivery meets requirements.
- Notifying the correct personnel that their guest has arrived on site and if they are delayed ensuring the delay is managed
- Coordinating meeting schedules to run as smoothly as possible, checking each room providing refreshments and keeping the space clutter free and clean
- Taking inventory of office supplies and order more if needed
- Helping establish and maintain office procedures
- Assisting senior management team when needed
- Some event management on a small scale
- Review of existing standards and procedures while implementing new best practices to ensure a seamless delivery of service will make a difference.
- Manage planned absences, planning cover and ensuring there is a suitable resolution
- To ensure the reception and client facing areas are maintained in a clean, tidy and safe condition at all times
- To manage general maintenance equipment and office supplies, supporting post room duties and archiving when required
- Working with the wider team to keep the office, clean, safe and sustainable
- Coordinating access cards and ensuring these are returned
- Monitor budget and produce monthly reporting where applicable
- To support the wider group team in collating information and data
- Seek approvals for spend related to the running of the office
- Main contact in coordinating third party visits i.e Landlord, Maintenance company. Deliveries etc.
- Reporting any office or facility problems to the Workplace and facilities manager
Skills required to undertake the role:
- Experience of working in reception/administration and managing an office of up to 30 people
- Good personal communication and organizational skills
- A helpful and positive attitude with an active interest in setting high customer service
- Pro – active ability and willingness to contribute to effective team working
- Problem solving and an ability to manage requirements of diverse customers
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively
- Good attention to detail and flexible enough to go the extra mile if required
- Proven track record in a customer service role
- Relevant Industry Experience
- IT competent in Microsoft Office packages
- Excellent telephone manner
- First Aid trained – helpful but not essential
About Brooks Macdonald
We’re a dynamic, ambitious wealth management firm, employing around 450 people across the UK and Channel Islands. We offer fulfilling careers in an inclusive culture that values diversity, ambition and rewards high performance.
Our values (we call them our guiding principles) underpin our culture and are at the heart of everything we do:
- we do the right thing
- we are connected
- we care
- we make a difference
We welcome talented people from all backgrounds who live and breathe our guiding principles and are focused on making a difference for our clients. We value different ways of working and actively promote flexible working across our business. As a principle, our people are able to spend up to 50% of their time working remotely.
We’re committed to promoting equal employment opportunities and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified candidates regardless of race, religion or belief, sexuality, age, disability, gender, gender identity, marital status or pregnancy and maternity.