Print Last Updated: 9th Sept 2021
For the purpose of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (the "General Data Protection Regulation" or "GDPR"), the data processer and controller is City Hive Women’s Network Limited of 71-75 Shelton Street, London WC2H 9JQ.
As used in this policy, the term "Regulations" shall include the General Data Protection Regulation, as from time to time applicable, amended, restated or supplemented and any law, statute or regulation supplementing, amending, implementing and/or replacing the GDPR.
This website has SSL certification for secure transactions, provided by the Let’s Encrypt global Certificate Authority.
- Information that you give us: you may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, post material, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, request further services, and when you report a problem with our site. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence. We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial information and credit card, personal description and photograph.
- Information we collect about you: with regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources: we may receive further information about you of the categories set out above if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case any data collected may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this site. We may also work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
- store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests;
- speed up your searches; and
- recognise you when you return to our site.
To find out more about how we use them, see our cookie notice (https://www.cityhive.co.uk/legal).
- Information you give to us: we may process information you give to us:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those that were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure the security of our website and services, maintaining back-ups of our databases and communicating with you and record-keeping;
- for the purposes of offering, marketing and selling relevant products and/or services to you;
- for the purposes of supplying goods and/or services that we may from time to time advertise and sell through our website, and keeping proper records of those transactions;
- to analyse the use of the website and services;
- in general, we may process any of your personal data with the purpose to comply with any legal obligation to which we are subject; and
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information you give us may comprise:
- information in your website profile, which may include your name, address, telephone number, email address, profile pictures, gender, date of birth, relationship status, interests and hobbies, educational details and employment details;
- information relating to transactions, including purchases of goods and services, that you enter into with us and/or through our website, and may comprise contact details, card and/or bank details and transaction details; and
- information contained in or relating to any communication that you send to us, including any metadata associated with the communication, where applicable.
- Information we collect about you: we may process information that we collect from you:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and/or secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them;
- to collect broad demographic information for aggregate use; and
- in co-operation with your internet provider, to identify you if we feel it is necessary to enforce compliance with our terms or use or to protect our service, site, users or others.
We use various methods and technologies to monitor usage information (“Tracking Technologies”). The Tracking Technologies used on the Site including Report-URI, Cloudflare and Google. All have their own Privacy Policies which can be found on their websites.
- Information we receive from other sources: we may combine information that we receive about you from other sources with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
- Information of third parties: you will not supply to us, and we will not accept, any other person’s personal data other than your own personal data.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You acknowledge that any personal data that you submit for publication through our website or services may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use (or misuse) of such personal data by others.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you including payment services providers;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site; and
- insurers and/or professional advisors for the purposes of maintaining appropriate insurance levels, managing risks, obtaining legal advice and managing disputes.
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if all or substantially all of our its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of City Hive Network Limited, our members, our clients, customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We will retain your personal data for a period of not less than five years, or as any other longer period that may be imposed to us by law or by the Regulations (the “Data Retention Period”).
Upon elapsing of the Data Retention Period, all your personal data stored and retained by us will be deleted from our files and records.
You have the right to be informed of your rights and how your personal data will be stored, treated, deleted and controlled, as all is set out in this policy.
Access to information
You have the right to access your personal data, so that you are aware of and can verify the lawfulness of the processing. The Regulations give you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance therewith. Any access request is free of charge.
Please note that we reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee taking into account the administrative costs of providing the information and/or refuse to respond to any access request, should any such requests are manifestly unfounded or excessive, if in particular, these requests are repetitive.
If any such requests are denied, you would have the right to complain to the supervisory authority (the Information Commissioner’s Office).
You have the right to rectification of any data that is incorrect and, taking into account the purposes of the processing, you have the right to request that any incomplete information is completed.
You can request that any data is erased:
- where the personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the purpose for which it was originally collected/processed;
- when you wish to withdraw consent;
- when you object to the processing and there is no overriding legitimate interest for continuing the processing;
- when your personal data has been unlawfully processed in breach of the Regulations;
- when your personal data has to be erased in order to comply with a legal obligation; and
- when your personal data is processed in relation to the offer of information society services to a child.
Processing of your personal data will be restricted in any of the following circumstances:
- where there is a contest regarding the accuracy of your personal data, we will restrict any processing until the data has been verified;
- where you object to the processing and we need to consider whether your organisation’s legitimate grounds override those of the individual;
- when processing is unlawful and you oppose erasure and request restriction instead; and
- if we do no longer need your personal data but you require the data to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim.
You may also, free of charge, request to view, access and use your personal and transaction data in a way that is generally portable.
You may express an objection on grounds relating to your particular situation to:
- processing based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority (including profiling);
- direct marketing (including profiling); and
- processing for purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics.
You may object to be subject to any automated data processing decisions, unless such automatic processing is necessary for entering into or performance of a contract between you and us, is lawfully authorised and/or based on your explicit consent.
Links to third party websitesOur site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
- by e-mail at the following e-mail address: and should be addressed to [email protected];
- by post, at our registered office address set out above; and
- by telephone, using the contact number published on our website from time to time.